A funny vagrant
The doorbell rings. Bill opens the door. On the threshold, he sees a local vagrant.
- Hello, - says the vagrant, - as usual, I was going around the garbage pits and in one of them found a wallet with $1,000 and your ID. You must have thrown it away by mistake.
- Right! – says Bill joyfully. - My wallet! Thank you so much!
- Please check the contents - the vagrant asks.
- One thousand even! – confirms Bill, counting the bills hastily. Then he takes a $20 bill out of the pack and gives it to the vagrant. - This is from me with thanks!
They part, being quite content with each other.
- Who was it? – Bill’s wife asks.
Bill laughs and tells his wife what happened.
Why’s it funny?